|Light green = .25to.50, darker green in SW KS is .50-.75"|
Friday, April 4, 2014
Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
Ready for the weekend? It's our first weekend in April and the weather is looking cooler than normal. But it's nothing that's out of the ordinary for us around here. Sometimes the cool, unsettled weather from March carries over into early April, and that's how it's setting up, especially for Sunday. Dry weather is expected Saturday, but showers move into western Kansas Saturday night and spread east for Sunday. Don't expect to see a lot of rain this weekend though. Take a look at this computer model projection for rainfall amounts through 7 p.m. Monday. It shows most of Kansas getting less than .50" and if truth be told, most of us will get less than .25" It's not a strong storm system and not a lot of moisture around for it to work with. Everyone has an equal chance of seeing showers though and we could sure use the moisture.
Big storms rocked the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area Thursday evening. Tornado warnings were issued for the Denton area and we had a live stream up in the studio from the CBS affiliate in Dallas from their helicopter. Such an impressive wall cloud that eventually did produce a brief tornado. There were other tornadoes reported in Arkansas, Missouri, and Illinois. I'm posting two pictures. One is a clean version and the other has drawings on it to highlight what is going on. It's still hard for me to imagine chasing storms in a helicopter, but they give you some of the best views of storms. Have a great weekend. Look for another blog update Monday.
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)