Thursday, April 24, 2014
Lots of rain for some; chances return into the weekend
Let's focus on the next round of storms that should be coming our way. We have an intense low pressure system that will be coming through Arizona and New Mexico by Saturday evening. Just ahead of that system, moisture will increase across Kansas, setting central and eastern Kansas up for strong to severe storms by Saturday evening (anytime after 4 or 5 p.m.) Already, the Storm Prediction Center has highlighted the area at greatest risk of seeing hail and high winds. The main threat on Sunday may end up just east of us. Forecast models show the biggest storms over eastern Kansas and into Missouri by mid-afternoon.
- ► 2017 (120)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)