Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Next few rounds of rain chances
There is a much better chance for there to be rain over the Easter weekend. Timing may not be the best, but we can't be picky when you're dry as a bone. It looks like it could be a statewide rain chance by Sunday, but once again, doesn't look like the amounts will be all that high. Biggest problem here is we are talking about a weak storm system, but maybe it will hang around longer than 12 hours to give us more than just a tenth of an inch. We can hope.
I'm sharing another picture from the lunar eclipse the other night. We have some really good photographers in our viewing area that like to share pictures with us (and it's very nice). This one is from Kelly Seal in Wichita and she calls herself an "amateur", but I think it's about as good as anything I've seen. If you missed it the other night, the next one is October 8, and there are two more after that. The solar eclipse in March of 2015 will not be visible from the United States. It looks like the next solar eclipse (where the moon passes between earth and the sun) visible here in the US will be on August 21, 2017 (so you have some time to prepare)
- ► 2015 (139)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)