I'm just as excited as everyone else about these 80 degree days like we'll have today, but also getting very nervous about how dry things are and will continue to be for awhile. Seems like every other day, we have either wind advisory, red flag warning, or fire weather watch to talk about in the forecast. April tends to be one of the wetter months, but we are still waiting for things to move in that direction.
Throughout the week, we've been advertising these rain and storm chances for the weekend. Here's how one computer model draws up the showers and storms at 4 p.m. Sunday. Heaviest activity is forecast to be along and east of I-135 while western Kansas would be getting some cold rain (maybe some wet snow mixed in toward evening). Once again, western Kansas will likely miss the heavier precipitation. But even in central Kansas, we count on these spring cold fronts to help produce the rains we need going into the summer months. And this coming weekend, there is a chance we could see the heaviest activity miss us to the east. Frustrating to say the least, but we can hope this entire weekend system slows a bit, and that may help our potential for better rainfall, but I don't like the trend in the computer models right now.
And it's possible we could see a frost or hard freeze early next week. Now it looks like Tuesday morning might be the time frame to watch out for. Gardeners beware!!
- ► 2015 (103)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)