Good morning and finally, it's Friday. Yesterdays rain was just more of a tease than anything else, and if you were in northern Kansas, you probably didn't get anything at all. Even the areas that did have rain, it really wasn't much more than about a .10 of an inch. There has been some fog, and from the skycam view from downtown, it's beginning to burn off. We should be sunny the rest of the way today.
So I just heard (for the first time actually) that if it rains on Easter Sunday, it will rain the next 7 Sundays. Have you heard that before? One guy I talked with said it has happened before, while others would probably say no way. But when you think about how dry we are around Kansas, if that were to actually come true, we just might put a dent in the drought around here. Forecast models suggest rain amounts will be light over the weekend, with maybe some slightly higher amounts north. I think most of our weekend rainfall totals will be under .50", but we can always hope for more. This just isn't a very strong storm system coming our way.
Hope everyone has a Happy Easter. Blog update coming up on Monday. We will be focusing on potential severe storms next week. Stay tuned!
- ► 2016 (94)
- ► 2015 (151)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)