Some early morning showers developed over central and northern Kansas this morning, but once again, it's just a spit and not enough to really do anything for us. Well, maybe mess up a nice clean windshield if you had just washed your car.
We are watching for severe storms this evening. The only limiting factor is rich, Gulf of Mexico moisture and for the weather enthusiasts, you can see that by looking at the dew points this morning. They are in the 30s and 40s, and will likely come up into the 50s later today. Good, rich moisture would have dew points in the 60s, and I don't think we will see them get that high later on. Nonetheless, some severe storms (main risk hail and wind) will develop after 4 or 5 in western Kansas, and then we should see a line form as they move farther east. Into the night, the main risk would be some damaging wind gusts of 60 mph. Don't forget, if the weather gets bad, most of our updates are on Always On Storm Team 12 and we stream that coverage to kwch.com. We will provide updates on KWCH too as conditions warrant, so look for us there. And of course you can follow the storms with us using the Storm Team 12 weather app. The radar on there is fantastic and you can see the alerts as they come in too.
The upcoming weekend could be stormy too. There will be chances for severe storms both Saturday and Sunday. Main threat will be over central and eastern Kansas, but the details are still a little uncertain this many days in advance. I will say this though, the setup looks like a classic severe weather event that could bring some tornadoes to the central and southern Plains. So be sure to check in with us through the remainder of the week to see where and when.
I had a nice day off Tuesday and had a chance to catch up on some projects around the house. I don't know if the warmer temperatures pushed me more than the extra hair in the house, but I decided it was time for Millie to have her summer buzz. I know there are some who disagree with me doing this, but I think this is the 8th year in a row and I've had good luck with it. Yesterday after we finished, she started running around the yard like she was on fire. I know she feels good and it's a nice break for me with all of the hair that she puts off. So... summer Millie has returned.
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)